Our friend Eddy continues to be out, but he’s doing a lot better with the aftereffects of his ear operation, and we’ve even started sending files back and forth again. Inner ear issues: not fun.
So here is a brief smattering of where things stand with our projects- an update with little movement, but so’s you knows:
- W20 Kickstarter is still waiting. I have several folks who have stepped forward with possible solutions to the high shipping cost I mentioned last week and as soon as I can get hard numbers, because the soft numbers ooze off the desk, I will be able to submit our KS with confidence that we’re doing the right thing with shipping- not too high for folks, but covering the expense so Onyx doesn’t drown in fees.
-Ethan is writing the W20 SAS called The Skinner.
- Speaking of Kickstarters: people as far away as Australia report they are getting their copies of the deluxe V20 Companion (which is also available in PDF and PoD versions on DriveThruRPG now) . Yay! There have been some folks who let me know that they got a misprinted version or similar issue, but fear not, we’ll get you out a new one as soon as I can get reasonable assurance from the shipper that everyone should have gotten their books. We have to expect some mis-shipments, so I want to be sure we have enough on hand to deal with both issues.
- And to finalize our trifecta of KS goodness: I’m actually hammering out some iPad bugs in the V20 Children of the Revolution PDF right now- I took a break to write this- so it’s very close to when that will go out to the KS backers and then to press. Matt McElroy continues to write the V20 Red List.
- Blood Sorcery: we were so close to getting that out in August, but because of the holiday/con weekend craziness I’m hoping that the PoD proof gets here very soon and we can go live ASAP.
- Book of Nod Restoration Edition is in a similar situation with hard copy PoD proofs flying hither and yon across the country. Sooooon.
- Silent Knife, the VtR novel, is waiting for a cover and needs to go through approvals with CCP as a full product, cover and all. Really pushing for this month.
- Mummy is still in layout and almost all of the art is in. Approvals, etc still await. Going to try and avoid as much overlap between it’s Kickstarter and W20′s as possible.
- Justin is wrapping up his development passes on the text of Hunters Hunted 2.
- Art is coming in for Left Handed Path for Mage and the NWO Convention Book. Layout next.
- Lots of creative folks are busy writing W20 Changing Breeds and Rage Across the World, the God Machine Chronicles Anthology and gamebook, and the Strix Chronicle Anthology.
- I’ve been having status report meetings with our devs- Holden on Exalted 3rd, some other folks on Scion and Trinity, and will continue to chat up more awesome devs this week on future project plans. I also owe the EX3 team sketches of the sig characters. They’re coming! Really!
So lots of stuff is getting done, and lots of stuff is in progress, but we still keep slipping schedule-wise as I mentioned during our Gen Con talks. Something we’re really trying to catch back up on.
Reason to Get Drunk: Trying to juggle all these great projects