Had a shortened talk today with Eddy as he was able to get to CCP and work, but was still feeling a bit out of it. Naturally, a lot of our chatting was about medical things- his recovery (for those of you not reading this Blog every week- and why aren’t you?!- Eddy Webb, my partner in WW crime, had an operation on his inner ear a few weeks ago) and my Mom who had a nasty fall and recovery period. Together with talking a bit about the CCP Approval process and where we are with that, we didn’t have time to go into many project-based talks. Next time, when he’s feeling better, I think. But Eddy did say that he’ll catch up as he has these past few weeks by reading this blog…wise man, that Eddy Webb.
- The Children of the Revolution PDF for V20 was sent out to the Deluxe CotR Kickstarter backers (as was the reward containing the three cWod PDFs that inspired CotR: Children of the Inquisition, Children of the Night, and The Kindred Most Wanted). Response has been great! Thanks so much for the awesome comments and Justin and I are both particularly gratified about the many backers who recognize that we have changed things for the better from one KS to the next just as we said we would. We weren’t kidding when we described this KS thing as an experimental process. And if you didn’t back the Deluxe CotR Kickstarter- don’t worry, once we have the various files together for the PoD version, we’ll be sure that the PDF/PoD versions are available on DriveThruRPG.
- Still working on getting the Deluxe W20 Kickstarter up and running. Getting pricing from Europe right now- still working at getting the best price for the service. I have a few new kinds of rewards and some surprise stretch goals that I think folks will like.
- Mummy is in layout. KS will be some time after the W20 KS starts.
- So, I re-ordered a hard copy proof of Blood Sorcery (VtR) after Matt McElroy of DTRPG discovered that my previous proof order never went through. Thanks, Matt! He’s a lifesaver. Can’t put the book up for sale without the proof…
- Hunters Hunted 2 (V20), Silent Knife (VtR Fiction), The Skinner SAS (W20), W20 Changing Breeds and Rage Across the World, EX3, Stryx (VtR) and God Machine Chronicles (nWoD), Left Handed Path (nMtA), and NWO Convention Book (cMtA) all continue to progress- some phases quicker than others.
- We’re looking at having a blast at Atlanta by Night at the end of September- Justin just confirmed that not only will he be there but he’ll be hosting a panel where he works on developing Anarchs Unbound (the next V20 book) right there in the most Open Dev style yet. He’ll be taking comments from the audience, arguing, and making changes right there. I’m sitting in just to kibitz and hurl insults. Eddy and I will be reprising our panels from Gen Con (What’s Up w/WW?, and What Is The Onyx Path?) and there should be plenty of W20 wolfy-ness as well, including the Wrecking Crew playtesting the W20 SAS featuring (or maybe not) Sam Haight: The Skinner, by Ethan Skemp. I’m planning on sitting in on one of the sessions and I’ll try and get Ethan playing as well. And there will probably be some parties too. So if you’re in Atlanta on the last weekend of the month, c’mon by and say hi.
Reason To Drink: Fall is in the air- we near the season of death. Also, cool air and candy.